13 October 2010

Ah, the vanity of it all

I have decided to join the world of blogging- another voice shouting in a crowded room.  I hope that it will clear the things from my mind and entertain or enlighten anyone that happens to read it. 

I have always enjoyed blank pieces of paper.  They are just waiting to be filled with ideas and thoughts of all kinds, some fabulous and some mundane.  All the great literary works, my son's homework, and my grocery list all started out blank.  I look forward to seeing where this goes.  My mind moves from topic to topic, like the high-bounce balls my kids love.  They figured out that if one throws a high-bounce ball in a smaller, closed room (say, the master bath), it will be a rip-roaring good time.  At least, until I notice the house is quiet and find out what they are doing.




My husband is serving in Afghanistan and we are in Virginia.  I decided to move here for the family support, as #6 was only 3.5 months when he left.  I'm very glad I did.  Sometimes, Mom is just not enough. I also am blessed to have friends from other places here- Army people.  People who speak my language of waiting and EML and PCS and dwell time.  I was delighted to spend a good hour on the phone with a dear friend that I hadn't spoken to since we graduated college.  I know, how good of a friend can she be after 13 years? Well, when you specialize in moving every 24 months and your friends do the same, you find that the best friends are the ones you can still gab with all those years later. I am blessed to have those kinds of people in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment